For a festive low-carb appetizer that’s always a crowd-pleaser, try this delicious holiday cheese ball wreath! Serve with low-carb crackers or veggies.
Are cheese balls a holiday tradition in your home? They’re known for being an easy and delicious appetizer to serve around Christmas.
Personally, I like to get a little more festive by making an easy holiday cheese ball wreath! Topped with fresh herbs and chopped red peppers for a pop of red and green, this appetizer is sure to get anyone in the spirit of the season.
The secret is to pack your cheese mixture into a bundt pan to achieve that wreath-like shape. It’s so simple! Just mix the ingredients, transfer to the pan, and refrigerate.
After that, you’ll have a delicious low-carb appetizer that’s sure to please any crowd. This may become your go-to dish for holiday parties or family get-togethers!
How to make a holiday cheese ball wreath
Would you believe your festive appetizer comes together in just five easy steps? Let’s see how it’s done!
Step 1: Line a 6-inch bundt pan with plastic wrap, making sure all interior surfaces are covered.
Step 2: In a food processor, combine the cream cheese, cheddar, Worcestershire sauce, jalapeño peppers (if using), and black pepper. Pulse until well combined.
Step 3: Spoon the mixture into the bundt pan, packing it tightly.
Step 4: Fold the plastic wrap over to cover all of the cheese, then refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Step 5: Unwrap the top of the pan, then invert onto a serving plate. Cover the wreath with fresh parsley and chives, then sprinkle the red peppers on top.
How simple is that? It’s a life-saver when you need a last-minute appetizer, but so good that people will ask you to make it again and again.
What to serve with this low-carb appetizer
While cheese balls are delicious enough to eat with a fork, that’s generally not considered “polite” in public. If you ask me, the next best thing is a few easy dippers.
If you’re all about the cheese, 2-ingredient Parmesan crisps are an excellent low-carb option. You could also grab some low-carb, gluten-free crackers from the store to make things easy.
Aside from crackers, veggies are always a great option. I usually go for bell pepper slices, carrot sticks, celery, or cucumber slices.
Leftover cheese ball makes such a great snack! You’ll never be sad to see some waiting for you in your fridge.
You can store any extra in an airtight container or wrapped tightly in plastic wrap. Place in your refrigerator and eat within two weeks.
Other easy and delicious appetizers
I love collecting tasty appetizer recipes to whip up at a moment’s notice. Whether I’m entertaining guests or just want something light for myself, they never fail!
Here are a few of my favorite recipes I know you’ll enjoy:
When you’ve tried this dish, please don’t forget to let me know how you liked it and rate the recipe in the comments below!
Holiday Cheese Ball Wreath
- 16 ounces Neufchâtel cheese (low-fat cream cheese) (softened)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons drained pickled jalapeño peppers (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup fresh parsley (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons red bell pepper (finely chopped)
- crackers or sliced vegetables (for serving)
- Line a 6-inch bundt pan with plastic wrap, making sure all interior surfaces are covered.
- In a food processor, combine the cream cheese, cheddar, Worcestershire sauce, jalapeño peppers (if using), and black pepper. Pulse until well combined.16 ounces Neufchâtel cheese (low-fat cream cheese), 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce, 2 tablespoons drained pickled jalapeño peppers, ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Spoon the mixture into the bundt pan, packing it tightly.
- Fold the plastic wrap over to cover all of the cheese, then refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Unwrap the top of the pan, then invert onto a serving plate. Cover the wreath with fresh parsley and chives, then sprinkle the red peppers on top.¼ cup fresh parsley, 2 tablespoons fresh chives, 2 tablespoons red bell pepper, crackers or sliced vegetables