How the Challenge works
The Healthy With Diabetes Challenge consists of five things:
- Daily activities or “challenges” that takes you through everything you need to do in a step-by-step fashion
- Articles covering the most important topics on physical and mental health with diabetes
- Weekly meal plans
- Workout programs that you can do during the challenge (home and gym workouts)
- A Facebook support group for challenge participants in which you can ask questions, share your experiences and connect with other people who want to be Healthy With Diabetes
Oh, and did I mention that it’s totally FREE to participate?
The challenge is for all fitness levels and is based on my own experiences regarding diabetes and exercise, as well as the knowledge and insights of other diabetes and exercise experts. I’m excited to announce that there will be posts by:
- Dr. Mark Heyman (mental health and diabetes)
- Phyllisa Deroze (healthy nutrition and lifestyle with diabetes)
- Ben Tzeel (exercise with diabetes)
- Ginger Vieira (overcoming diabetes burnout)
- Rachel Zinman (yoga and relaxation with diabetes)
Here is what people had to say about the last challenge:
“I not only got support and inspiration from all my fellow challengers, I also received wonderful articles on how to better manage my diabetes around exercise and beyond. I learned new recipes that taste great and keep my glucose at a steady rate. And most importantly, I set personal short-term and long-term goals that renews my focus after diabetes burnout. This was an amazing experience that has forever changed me and my health! Thank you so much!”
– Dawn, Type 1
“Since being on insulin I’ve always been nervous exercising. I am more confident now and feeling strong. It has been an amazing challenge. Christel and Tobias are so wonderful to share this knowledge and coach us through this journey. It has changed my life and I am more confident and better equipped to manage this disease. As a bonus I have lost 10 lbs and I can actually feel muscles in my body. Their continued support each day was felt throughout the challenge! Amazing!”
– Tess, Type 1
“Thanks to this challenge, I have realized you can exercise successfully and safely with Diabetes. I now do 6 workouts a week and I actually enjoy them! Due to the expert advice and guidance given, I rarely go low during or after a workout and I feel so much healthier. The encouragement is also great from Christel and the Facebook group. I am forever in debt to all the members of the TheFitBlog team and the Diabetes Challenge Facebook group. You can’t put a price on quality of life and a healthy lifestyle. Thanks to you all!”
– Kim, Type 1
The main sponsor for the challenge is Tandem Diabetes Care, inc. and during the challenge, you will have the opportunity to ask questions and get answers directly from their experts.
If you are ready to join me on this journey to learn more about diabetes and establish healthy habits, you can sign up for the challenge in the form below.
The challenge has started and is therefore closed for new sign-ups! If you would like to sign up for my newsletter and be notified when the next challenge starts, you can use the form below.