This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure.
Looking for a fresh, colorful salad that’s perfect for the season? Summer corn salad with basil vinaigrette is full of wonderful flavors and can be ready in 15 minutes!
I really like fresh salads you can make ahead of time. I also love recipes that make the most of seasonal ingredients.
And as soon as it starts to heat up outside, you’ll find me making this summer corn salad with basil vinaigrette all season long! Fresh basil, corn, tomato, spring onion, cucumber, and radishes come together for a crisp, fresh bowl you’ll want to eat all the time.
There are so many ways to play around with the ingredients as well. You could substitute red bell peppers for the tomatoes, use cilantro instead of basil, add beans or cooked chicken breast, or throw some avocado on top. Feel free to get creative!
When it comes to fresh summer flavors, it’s hard to go wrong. And what could be easier than throwing them together in a bowl when you need a healthy snack or delicious side?
How to make summer corn salad with basil vinaigrette
This seasonal recipe comes together in three simple steps. Let’s see how it’s done!
Step 1: In a large bowl, whisk together the avocado oil and vinegar. Stir in the basil.
Step 2: Stand each ear of cooked corn on a cutting board and remove the cooked kernels. Add the corn to the bowl with the oil mixture.
Step 3: Add the tomatoes, onion, cucumber, and radishes to the bowl. Toss well and season with salt and pepper.
That’s it! Your fresh summer salad is ready to enjoy. You can serve it as a side with your main meal, or enjoy it as a satisfying snack when you need a pick-me-up.
How to cook corn on the cob in an Instant Pot®
Need an easy way to cook the corn for this recipe? The following technique is from my cookbook, The Diabetes Cookbook for Electric Pressure Cookers.
- Pour 1 cup of water into your IP, then insert the wire rack.
- Break or cut each ear of corn in half, then stand each cut-side-down on the rack.
- Close and lock the lid. Set the valve to Sealing.
- Cook for 5 minutes on high pressure.
- When the cooking is complete, hit Cancel and do a quick release.
- Once the pin drops, carefully remove the lid.
- Using tongs, remove the corn from the pot and let it cool.
You can have sweet, tender corn ready to enjoy in about 10 minutes flat!
This dish is best served immediately. This will ensure that the ingredients are at their most crispy.
You can also refrigerate your summer salad in an airtight container for up to 1 day. Note that the ingredients may start to soften, but the flavors will still be delicious.
Other tasty vegetarian recipes
Looking for more options to incorporate healthy fruits and veggies into your weekly menu? There are so many ways to cook with fresh produce!
Here are some of my favorite recipes I know you’ll love:
- Spicy Black Beans with Tomatoes and Corn
- Butternut Squash Posole
- Vegetarian Chipotle Chili (Slow Cooker)
You can also take a look at my roundup of low-carb vegan recipes for more inspiration.
When you’ve tried this summer salad, please don’t forget to let me know how you liked it and rate the recipe in the comments below!
Summer Corn Salad with Basil Vinaigrette
- ½ cup avocado oil , (or extra-virgin olive oil)
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup fresh basil, (chopped)
- 4 large ears corn, (cooked)
- 1 large tomato, (seeded and chopped)
- 3 large spring onions, (white part only — thinly sliced)
- 1 cup cucumber, (chopped)
- 2 radishes, (thinly sliced into half moons)
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, whisk together the avocado oil and vinegar. Stir in the basil.½ cup avocado oil, 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar, ¼ cup fresh basil
- Stand each ear of cooked corn on a cutting board and remove the cooked kernels. Add the corn to the bowl with the oil mixture.4 large ears corn
- Add the tomatoes, onion, cucumber, and radishes to the bowl. Toss well and season with salt and pepper.1 large tomato, 3 large spring onions, 1 cup cucumber, 2 radishes, kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper