These low-carb buffalo cauliflower tacos are really easy to prepare and full of flavor. They are also vegan (if you don’t add sour cream) and diabetes-friendly.
Cauliflower is being used in everything these days! From pizza bases and oatmeal to being the base for an Alfredo sauce or soup, using cauliflower keeps recipes low-carb and delicious.
Cauliflower is a great replacement for starches which keeps the recipe low-carb while also giving you a boost of nutrients like Vitamin C, Vitamin K, and Folate.
Prep time is only a few minutes and while the buffalo cauliflower pieces are baking in the oven, you can quickly prep the taco toppings.
How to make buffalo cauliflower tacos
Step 1: Whisk together all of the dry ingredients for the buffalo cauliflower batter in a small mixing bowl.
Step 2: Add the plant milk and whisk until a smooth batter comes together.
Tip: You can taste the buffalo cauliflower tacos batter here and adjust the flavor to your liking with salt, pepper, chili, or other spices.
Step 3: Dip the cauliflower florets into the batter, covering them completely. Place them on the prepared baking tray.
Step 4: Continue coating the cauliflower florets until all of the cauliflower has been used.
Step 5: Bake for 15 minutes and then turn. Bake for another 10 – 15 minutes until the buffalo cauliflower florets are golden and cooked through.
Step 6: It’s time to assemble your buffalo cauliflower tacos! Layer chopped lettuce, tomatoes, buffalo cauliflower, chopped cilantro, and sour cream (if you don’t care about them being vegan) on a low-carb tortilla and serve immediately.
How to make the perfect buffalo cauliflower tacos every time:
This recipe is really easy to customize to your liking. Here are some options for making these buffalo cauliflower tacos your own:
Experiment with the amount of plant milk you add to the batter. More milk will give the batter a more runny consistency which will thinly coat the cauliflower and you’ll get a crisper result. Less milk will coat the cauliflower with a thick layer of batter which will give the cauliflower pieces a lot of flavor.
The spices in the batter can be played around with too. For some heat, add some more cayenne pepper or chili powder. For more flavor, some paprika, garlic powder or onion powder will work wonders.
Taco toppings are a personal decision but nothing goes better with these tacos than some shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, cilantro, and sour cream to garnish.
You could be as creative as you like here. Some Jalapeños, salsa, or roasted corn are some delicious options.
These cauliflower buffalo bites don’t have to be eaten in a taco either! Serve them as cauliflower buffalo wings with a low-carb ranch sauce or eat them just as is. They’re delicious either way.
Other delicious low-carb cauliflower recipes
Cauliflower is an amazing vegetable and you can find more low-carb cauliflower recipes here to enjoy:
You can also read this roundup I created of 10 low-carb cauliflower recipes for more recipes using cauliflower!
When you’ve tried these buffalo cauliflower tacos, please don’t forget to let me know how you liked them and rate the recipe in the comments below!
Low-Carb Buffalo Cauliflower Tacos
- 3½ ounces flour (we used chickpea flour, oat flour would work too)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¾ cup plant milk (we used soy milk, almond milk would work too)
- 14 ounces cauliflower (chopped into florets)
- 6 low-carb tacos tortillas (tacos size)
- 3 ounces chopped lettuce
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- Handful chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- Preheat your oven to 430F (220 °C) and grease a large baking tray. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients for the buffalo cauliflower. Then add the plant milk and whisk until a smooth batter comes together.
- Dip the cauliflower florets into the batter, cover completely and place on the prepared baking tray. Continue until all the cauliflower has been covered.
- Bake for 15 minutes and then turn. Bake for another 10 – 15 minutes until the buffalo cauliflower florets are golden and cooked through.
- Assemble your buffalo cauliflower tacos by layering chopped lettuce, tomatoes, buffalo cauliflower, chopped cilantro and sour cream on a low-carb tortilla. Serve immediately.
Always happy to find healthier alternatives. This recipe looks really great and delicious. I will definitely try this one soon. Thank you for sharing this 🙂
Rajas Restaurant says