In this free 4-week challenge, a team of top diabetes experts and I will take you through some of the most important things you need to know about diabetes and exercise, healthy nutrition, and weight management with diabetes.
How the Fit With Diabetes Challenge works
The Fit With Diabetes Challenge consists of five things:
- Daily activities or “challenges” that take you through everything you need to do in a step-by-step fashion
- Articles covering the most important topics on diabetes and weight management
- Weekly meal plans
- Workout programs that you can do during the challenge (home and gym workouts)
- A Facebook support group for challenge participants in which you can ask questions, share your experiences and connect with other people who want to be Fit With Diabetes
The challenge is sponsored by Eversense Diabetes, the first and only 90-day Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) system. Each week, Eversense will host a giveaway where you can win awesome prizes. To learn more about how Eversense can help your diabetes care, please visit the Eversense website.
Oh, and did I mention that it’s totally FREE to take the challenge?
The challenge is for all fitness levels and is based on my own experiences regarding diabetes and exercise, as well as the knowledge and insights of other diabetes and exercise experts. I’m excited to announce that there will be posts by:
- Ginger Vieira (Author of Dealing with Diabetes Burnout & Emotional Eating with Diabetes & Your Diabetes Science Experiment)
- Dr. Mark Heyman (Diabetes Psychologist and a Certified Diabetes Educator. Founder and Director of the Center for Diabetes and Mental Health)
- Ben Tzeel (Registered Dietitian, Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist)
- Rachel Zinman (Author of Yoga For Diabetes)
Here is what people had to say about the last challenges:
“I just want to put out there how much I love all the learning and support this challenge offers. In my 40 years with diabetes, I have never experienced anything like this before. I love this!! Thank you so much, Christel!”
– Carol, 2018 challenge participant
“I have said many times over the last few weeks how grateful I am for Diabetes Strong and the Facebook support group. The diabetes articles and meal plans changed my life! Before, when people would ask me how my diabetes is going, I would often reply that I never have a good day but I do have good hours. How depressing is that statement? Great days are now the new normal and not so great hours are rare.”
– Laura, 2017 challenge participant
If you are ready to join me on this journey to learn more about diabetes, weight management, and exercise, then sign up for the challenge in the form below. Let’s get Fit With Diabetes together in 2019!
The January 2019 challenge is closed for sign-ups. You can join our newsletter in the form below (and get a sign-up bonus) to be notified when the next challenge starts.