In this free 4-week challenge, a team of top diabetes experts and I will take you through some of the most important things you need to know about diabetes and exercise, healthy nutrition, and weight management with diabetes.
How the Fit With Diabetes Challenge works
The Fit With Diabetes Challenge consists of five things:
- Daily activities or “challenges” that take you through everything you need to do in a step-by-step fashion
- Articles covering the most important topics on diabetes and weight management
- Weekly meal plans
- Workout programs that you can do during the challenge (home and gym workouts)
- A Facebook support group for challenge participants in which you can ask questions, share your experiences and connect with other people who want to be Fit With Diabetes
Oh, and did I mention that it’s totally FREE to take the challenge?
The challenge is for all fitness levels and is based on my own experiences regarding diabetes and exercise, as well as the knowledge and insights of other diabetes and exercise experts. I’m excited to announce that there will be posts by:
- Dr. Sheri Colberg (author of The Diabetic Athlete’s Handbook)
- Gary Scheiner, MS, CDE (AADE 2014 Diabetes Educator of the Year and author of the best-selling “Think Like A Pancreas: A Practical Guide to Managing Diabetes With Insulin”)
- Susan Weiner (AADE 2015 Diabetes Educator of the Year, Registered Dietitian, and owner of Susan Weiner Nutrition)
- Ginger Vieira (Diabetes Author, Freelance Writer and the author of Dealing with Diabetes Burnout & Emotional Eating with Diabetes & Your Diabetes Science Experiment)
- Dr. Mark Heyman (Diabetes Psychologist and a Certified Diabetes Educator. Founder and Director of the Center for Diabetes and Mental Health)
- Ben Tzeel (DiabetesStrong.com fitness editor, Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist)
Here is what people had to say about the last challenges:
“I not only got support and inspiration from all my fellow challengers, I also received wonderful articles on how to better manage my diabetes around exercise and beyond. I learned new recipes that taste great and keep my glucose at a steady rate. And most importantly, I set personal short-term and long-term goals that renews my focus after diabetes burnout. This was an amazing experience that has forever changed me and my health! Thank you so much!”
– Dawn, Type 1
“Thanks to this challenge, I have realized you can exercise successfully and safely with Diabetes. I now do 6 workouts a week and I actually enjoy them! Due to the expert advice and guidance given, I rarely go low during or after a workout and I feel so much healthier. The encouragement is also great from Christel and the Facebook group. I am forever in debt to all the members of the Diabetes Strong team and the Diabetes Challenge Facebook group. You can’t put a price on quality of life and a healthy lifestyle. Thanks to you all!”
– Kim, Type 1
If you are ready to join me on this journey to learn more about diabetes, weight management, and exercise, then sign up for the challenge in the form below. Let’s get Fit With Diabetes together in 2018!