This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure.
Step away from the candy. There’s a new low-carb treat in town and it’s called Halloween Mummy Celery Sticks.
While this recipe doesn’t require a ton of ingredients, it does require patience and practice. Don’t attempt them on a day when you’re feeling extremely stressed out.
Make sure your turkey is shaved as thinly as possible before you start. Trust me, it will save you some frustration.
And, while I love cooking with my 4-year-old niece, I’m really glad I didn’t attempt making these mummies with her. She did enjoy eating them, though.
Halloween Mummy Celery Sticks
- 1 tablespoon Penzey's Fox Point seasoning , (or other herb, onion, and garlic blend)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 ounces shaved or thinly sliced deli turkey breast
- 10 dried cranberries, craisins
- 20 celery stalks, cut into 3-inch pieces
- In a small bowl, combine seasoning and water. Add cream cheese and mix well.1 tablespoon Penzey's Fox Point seasoning, 2 tablespoons water, 8 ounces cream cheese
- Cut turkey into narrow strips that are just a little bit wider than your celery sticks.3 ounces shaved or thinly sliced deli turkey breast
- Cut cranberries into small eye-sized pieces, about 4 per cranberry.10 dried cranberries
- Place cream cheese mixture into a zipper-top plastic bag and snip off one corner. Pipe into each celery stick.20 celery stalks
- Criss-cross turkey strips on top of cream cheese. Trim any edges that overhang. Use a small, flat spatula to tuck in the sides.
- Add cranberry “eyes.”