This Chocolate Banana Bread Mug Cake is healthy, high-protein, only takes a few minutes to make, and tastes amazing! Most “healthy” cakes really aren’t worth eating in my opinion, but this one I could happily eat every day.
It’s one of my go-to recipes when a crave something sweet (like a large piece of cake..) but want to stick to my meal plan. Because it has almost as much protein as carbs, and all the carbs are from healthy sources like oats and banana, it’s a great pre or post-workout snack. It’s also fantastic as a quick and easy breakfast you can eat on the go.
Healthy Chocolate Banana Bread Mug Cake
If you want to pack even more protein into this recipe, you can put a spread of cottage cheese mixed with chocolate protein powder on top. The Chocolate Banana Bread Mug Cake is moist and fluffy enough that you don’t really need a spread but more protein never hurts right?
I definitely think you should give this recipe a try. I have been making it for years now and it continues to be one of my favorite healthy snacks. This and my equality healthy and delicious Baked Oatmeal Cinnamon Roll.
Just writing this post has made me hungry for Chocolate Banana Bread Mug Cake again. Good thing it only takes a couple of minutes to make 😀
This Chocolate Banana Bread Mug Cake is healthy, high-protein, only takes a few minutes to make, and tastes amazing!
- ½ ripe banana (65 g)
- 3 tbsp. (46 g) egg white
- ½ scoop vanilla protein powder (14 g)
- 0.2 oz. (5 g) oats
- 0.2 oz. (5 g) oat flour
- 1 tsp. (5 g) cocoa powder
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 2 tbsp. Stevia in the raw
- Cooking spray
- 0.3 oz. (8 g) chopped walnuts
- Mash the banana with a fork. Mix in the egg whites (you can use a hand mixer if you want)
- Add protein powder, oat flour, oats, cocoa, stevia and baking powder and mix thoroughly
- Coat a mug with cooking spray
- Pour in the batter and sprinkle chopped walnuts on top
- Microwave for 1 minute until the cake starts to rise and looks a little fluffy