This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure.
This Chocolate Banana Bread Mug Cake is healthy, high-protein, only takes a few minutes to make, and tastes amazing!
Most “healthy” cakes really aren’t worth eating in my opinion, but this one I could happily eat every day.
It’s one of my go-to recipes when I crave something sweet (like a large piece of cake..) but want to stick to my meal plan.
Because it has almost as much protein as carbs, and all the carbs are from healthy sources like oats and banana, it’s a great pre or post-workout snack. It’s also fantastic as a quick and easy breakfast you can eat on the go.
If you want to pack even more protein into this recipe, you can put a spread of cottage cheese mixed with chocolate protein powder on top.
The Chocolate Banana Bread Mug Cake is moist and fluffy enough that you don’t really need a spread but more protein never hurts right?
I definitely think you should give this recipe a try. I have been making it for years now and it continues to be one of my favorite healthy snacks. This and my equally healthy and delicious Baked Oatmeal Cinnamon Roll.
Just writing this post has made me hungry for Chocolate Banana Bread Mug Cake again. Good thing it only takes a couple of minutes to make 😀
Healthy Chocolate Banana Bread Mug Cake
- Mash the banana with a fork. Mix in the egg whites (you can use a hand mixer if you want)½ ripe banana, 3 tablespoon egg white
- Add protein powder, oat flour, oats, cocoa, stevia and baking powder and mix thoroughly½ scoop vanilla protein powder, ⅕ oz. oats, ⅕ oz. oat flour, 1 teaspoon cocoa powder, ½ teaspoon baking powder, 2 tablespoon Stevia in the raw
- Coat a mug with cooking sprayCooking spray
- Pour in the batter and sprinkle chopped walnuts on top⅓ oz. chopped walnuts
- Microwave for 1 minute until the cake starts to rise and looks a little fluffy