Need a delicious and healthy breakfast on the go? These bacon and egg muffins with peppers and onion are perfect to throw together or prep ahead of time!
On busy weekday mornings, do you ever find yourself dreaming of a nice, fluffy omelet with a little bacon, some chopped peppers and onions, and some gooey cheddar cheese?
Okay, sure, that probably isn’t very realistic most mornings. But these bacon and egg muffins might be the next best thing! They’re easy to throw together, or you can make a batch over the weekend to enjoy easy breakfasts all week.
Start your day the right way with a healthy, nutritious breakfast that will give you energy and keep you satisfied for hours!
How to make bacon and egg muffins
Ready to see how easy it is to make these tasty breakfast muffins?
Step 1: Slice the bacon in half lengthwise, then crosswise into thin strips.
Step 2: In a pan over medium-high heat, cook the bacon together with the minced green pepper, banana pepper, and onion.
Step 3: Once the bacon is cooked and the vegetables are soft, remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
Step 4: Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray a 6-cup muffin pan with nonstick spray.
Step 5: Whisk the eggs together with the milk.
Step 6: Pour the egg mixture into 6 muffin cups, then evenly distribute the bacon mixture into each one. Divide the cheese between each cup.
Step 7: Place in the oven and bake for about 20 minutes or until the egg is set.
You can enjoy them immediately or save them for easy on-the-go breakfasts all week long!
Variations for these muffins
This recipe is very flexible. You can customize it based on your preferences, or try a new ingredient combination with every batch!
Instead of turkey bacon, you could use chicken or turkey sausage. Canadian bacon would be delicious too! If you don’t mind some extra fat, pork bacon is always a tasty choice.
You can also use any type of peppers you like. I chose banana peppers because I had some on hand, but whatever pepper you use will add great flavor.
I personally don’t like mushrooms, but if you do, feel free to throw some in the mix! You can’t go wrong adding more veggies to these muffins.
These muffins are an excellent way to meal prep for the week. After you bake them, allow the muffins to cool to room temperature, then store covered in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Once you’re ready to enjoy one, just pop it in the microwave to reheat!
Other easy breakfast recipes
Looking for more delicious breakfasts to start your morning the right way? After all, what you eat first thing will set the tone for the rest of the day!
Here are a few more quick and easy breakfast recipes I think you’ll enjoy:
You can also take a look at my roundup of the best low-carb breakfast recipes for more inspiration.
When you’ve tried this dish, please don’t forget to let me know how you liked it and rate the recipe in the comments below!
Bacon & Egg Muffins
- Slice the bacon in half lengthwise, then crosswise into thin strips.8 slices turkey bacon
- In a pan over medium-high heat, cook the bacon together with the minced green pepper, banana pepper, and onion.1 small green pepper, 1 banana pepper, ¼ large onion
- Once the bacon is crisp and the vegetables are soft, remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray a 6-cup muffin pan with nonstick spray.
- Whisk the eggs together with the milk.4 eggs, ¼ cup nonfat milk
- Pour the egg mixture into 6 muffin cups, then evenly distribute the bacon mixture into each one. Divide the cheese between each cup.⅔ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Place in the oven and bake for about 20 minutes or until the egg is set.