This High-Protein Raspberry & Banana Mousse is an amazing recipe! I have no clue how I came up with it, but I did, and now I want to share it with you. I eat it almost every day, either with fruit or berries as shown here or, even better, on top of my Cottage Cheese Pancakes. Think pancakes with ice cream and fresh berries. Yummy!!
High-Protein Raspberry & Banana Mousse is the perfect high protein snack and has a thick silky consistency (like thick whipped cream) without any of the unhealthy ingredients you usually find in anything as good as this.
Basically, it’s hard whipped egg whites (I recommend that you buy the pasteurized ones to eliminate the risk of salmonella) with frozen fruit. You can substitute the raspberries for any other berry, but don’t skip the banana. It’s what gives it the great ice cream texture.
How to make High-Protein Raspberry & Banana Mousse
You will need a blender to get the egg whites to the desired consistency and to blend the frozen fruit/berries into the egg whites, but other than that, it’s an incredibly easy snack to make. Just blend everything and the mousse is ready in less than 5 min.
For more great low-carb recipes, check out this roundup of the best low-carb smoothies for diabetics!
High-Protein Raspberry & Banana Mousse
- 2 egg whites (90 g liquid egg white)
- 1 tbsp. Stevia
- 2 oz. (60 g) frozen banana
- 1 ¾ oz. (45 g) frozen raspberry
- Fresh berries (optional)
- Blend the egg whites and Stevia until the egg whites are firm (1-2 minutes). You should be able to hold the blender upside down without the egg whites falling out.
- When the egg whites are firm, add the banana and berries and blend until the consistency is smooth and everything is pink.
- Serve in a bowl with a few fresh berries or use as a side for my Cottage Cheese Pancakes.