This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure.
Pumpkin pineapple muffins combine savory and sweet flavors for an irresistible treat! This simple recipe is a uniquely delicious twist on classic fall baking.
I always like to kick off the fall season with these pumpkin pineapple muffins! The bright pop of pineapple still tastes like summer while the savory pumpkin gets me excited for the upcoming autumn. It’s a perfect flavor combination of the two seasons!
I also love how easy these treats are to make. It’s as simple as mixing, pouring the muffins, and letting the oven work its magic. In fact, they can be ready in just about 30 minutes.
Whether you start craving pumpkin in August or you’re deep into fall and looking for a delicious treat with a fun twist, there’s never a bad time to whip up a batch of these muffins. The unique flavor combination is so good, you might find yourself making them all year round!
How to make pumpkin pineapple muffins
This simple recipe comes together in seven steps with only a few minutes of prep. And the muffins will make your kitchen smell amazing while they’re baking!
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease or line a muffin tin with paper liners, then set aside.
Step 2: In a small bowl, mix together the flour, sweetener, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda, and salt.
Tip: you can use either Monkfruit or Stevia as sweetener. You can read about the pro and cons of each in this article.
Step 3: In a large bowl, stir together the pumpkin, eggs, coconut oil, and vanilla until smooth.
Step 4: Pour the pumpkin mixture into the flour mixture and mix until just combined.
Step 5: Fold in the pineapple chunks.
Step 6: Portion the batter evenly between the 12 prepared muffin cups.
Step 7: Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
As soon as your muffins are cool enough to handle, they’re ready to enjoy!
Benefits of baking with pumpkin
There are so many reasons pumpkin is a great ingredient to use in your baked goods. Not only does it add some sweetness and help keep the texture moist, but it also comes with some great health benefits!
To start, it’s high in vitamins and minerals including vitamin A, vitamin C, potassium. Plus, it contains antioxidants like alpha-carotene, beta-carotene, and beta-cryptoxanthin.
Pumpkin is also known for being a good source of fiber and relatively low in carbs. While nutrient-dense, pumpkin is not very calorie-dense, which makes it a great ingredient for healthy recipes.
These muffins can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature. You can also store them in the refrigerator if you prefer.
I would recommend eating them within four days. Although, speaking from experience, I’ll be surprised if they last that long!
Other healthy muffin recipes
Looking for some more muffin recipes? Here are a few of my favorites that I know you’ll love:
- Raspberry Pumpkin Muffins
- Carrot Cake Muffins (Low-Carb, Vegan, Gluten-Free)
- Blueberry Muffins with Coconut Oil
You can also take a look at this roundup of diabetes-friendly muffin recipes for more inspiration.
When you’ve tried these muffins, please don’t forget to let me know how you liked it and rate the recipe in the comments below!
Pumpkin Pineapple Muffins
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease or line a muffin tin with paper liners, then set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the flour, sweetener, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda, and salt.1¾ cups whole wheat flour, ½ cup granulated monk fruit sweetener, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ½ teaspoon ginger, ½ teaspoon baking soda, ½ teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, stir together the pumpkin, eggs, coconut oil, and vanilla until smooth.¾ cup pumpkin puree, 2 large eggs, ¼ cup melted coconut oil, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pour the pumpkin mixture into the flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the pineapple chunks.½ cup cubed pineapple chunks
- Portion the batter evenly between the 12 prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.