This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure.
This is one of the easiest, healthiest, and tastiest soup recipes I know. You can make enough Chilled Beet Soup to fill your freezer in just 40 minutes! Put some boiled egg or chicken pieces on top for a perfectly nutritious meal.
I have made a lot of soup lately. I used to only make soup once or twice per year (mostly when I had a cold), but after making my favorite Zucchini Soup a few weeks ago, I really got inspired to create more soup recipes.
It’s so easy to make delicious soups that I don’t know why I haven’t done it more often!
This Chilled Beet Soup only takes about 10 minutes of preparation and 30 minutes on the stove. It’s also perfect for making a huge pot and freezing so I can make food for days with only 40 minutes of cooking (this recipe is only for two servings, but you should really make more).
My plan is to have a container of Chilled Beet Soup in the freezer at all times so I can have a delicious meal ready for my healthy diabetic meal plan in minutes
The soup itself is primarily (healthy) carbs so I like to add boiled eggs or pieces of chicken to get some protein as well. I also think it makes the soup taste even better!
The parsley garnish isn’t really necessary, but it looked great 😀
How to make Chilled Beet Soup
It’s really easy. Simply chop the beets, onions, and carrots into matchbox-sized pieces and let them simmer in the chicken broth for 25 minutes (you can use vegetable broth if you prefer a vegetarian soup).
Put the soup in an airtight container and let it cool in the fridge for at least an hour before serving with boiled egg or chicken pieces on top.
That’s it! How much easier can it get?
The Chilled Beet Soup has a very thick and smooth consistency (almost like ketchup). I love that, but if you want it to be more like a traditional soup, simply add a little more chicken broth.
More healthy soup recipes
If you like hearty soups like this, you should really try the Black Bean Soup with Lime Salsa as well. It’s almost as easy to make and will keep you full for hours!
You can also try these healthy low-carb soup recipes:
You can also find more inspiration in my roundup of low-carb soup recipes.
When you’ve tried this recipe for chilled beet soup, please don’t forget to let me know how you liked it and rate the recipe in the comments below!
Chilled Beet Soup
- 10.2 oz. beets
- 6 oz. onion
- 6 oz. carrots
- 8 oz. chicken broth (low sodium)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pepper to taste
- Handful Parsley, (optional)
- Chop the vegetables into matchbox-sized pieces.
- Put the chicken broth and vegetables in a pot and bring to a slow boil.
- Let it simmer for 25 minutes.
- Add pepper and garlic powder and let it simmer for another minute. Taste a spoonful and add more pepper if needed.
- Blend the soup using a blender or Nutribullet (this two-serving portion fit in one of my large NutriBullet cups). If you use a Nutribullet, wait until the soup has cooled a little.
- Let the soup cool in the fridge for at least an hour in an airtight container.
- Boil the eggs while the soup cools. Finely chop the eggs and place them decoratively on the soup just before serving.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.