You don’t have to ask me twice if I want tacos for dinner. Nope! Especially when they’re Slow Cooker Chili Lime Beef Tacos with Mango Salsa!
Savory, spicy, sweet, and sour! These tacos are packed with flavor and vitamins! Not to mention they’re super easy to put together and only take a couple of hours in the slow cooker. Just the right amount of time to get your workout knocked out while you’re waiting!
I knew these tacos were a win when my taco-loving husband gave them a thumbs up. And when I say taco-loving, I mean HE. LOVES. TACOS. I saw him fan girl a taco place in San Francisco once. True story! We talk about it often. So when he says these are good, people: these are goooood!
Beef tacos can be healthy!
Who said tacos need a corn tortilla taco shell, cheese, and a bunch of junk anyway? The MASSIVE flavors of these Slow Cooker Chili Lime Beef Tacos are SO tasty! Personally, I love the sweet taste of the mango in the salsa. However, if you’re looking for something a tad less sweet, feel free to swap the mango with fresh papaya or avocado!
Here’s the recipe for the best ever Slow Cooker Chili Lime Beef Tacos. Enjoy!
If you loved these healthy tacos, you should give our Vegan Pinto Bean Tacos a try as well. They are very different in flavor but equally healthy and delicious!
These Chili Lime Beef Tacos are packed with flavor and vitamins! They’re also super easy to put together and only take a couple of hours in the slow cooker.
- 10 oz. boneless top loin steak
- 2 limes
- 1 ½ tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- ½ mango
- 10 grape tomatoes
- ¼ onion
- ¼ bunch of cilantro
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- 4-5 leaves romaine lettuce
- Cut the steak into fajita strips and place in the slow cooker.
- Slice the 2 limes in half and squeeze over the cut steak.
- Add the chili powder, crushed red pepper, salt, and pepper.
- Cook on low for 2 hours (or high for 1 hour).
- When the meat has about 30 minutes left, cube the mango, grape tomatoes, and onion. Mix together in a bowl and add the chopped cilantro leaves and chia seeds.
- Wash and dry the romaine lettuce leaves. Once the steak has finished cooking, add several pieces to each romaine leaf as well as the mango salsa.
- Serve and enjoy!