If it was socially acceptable to hibernate all winter and watch Netflix all day I would. Especially if we had an unlimited supply of this healthy Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili.
Give me a good book, my Insanity DVDs and a crock pot full of Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili and there’s a good chance I wouldn’t leave until March (or May if you live in Ohio!).
The day I made this chili was the best day of the week. It’s hearty, zippy and feel-good, but healthy at the same time. And it’s bursting at the seams with comforting flavor.
Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili for days!
So how does this all come together, you ask? Easy! Throw it in the slow cooker. The only trick is to get out your blender and mix a cup of the chicken broth with the yogurt to get it blended together. If you just dump the yogurt in the pot it will be lumpy and won’t mix well. When you blend it with the stock it turns the yogurt into a smooth consistency that easily mixes with the rest of the soup.
You’re going to be amazed how easy this is. You might even think you’re doing it wrong. But you’re not!
And just so you can mentally prepare yourself, you will need a giant bowl or mug, all the delicious healthy toppings (because we love toppings), a ridiculously comfy couch and Netflix (obvi).
Oh, and about 8 containers to meal prep and enjoy this addictingly healthy Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili for the rest of the week.
Another great recipe with beans is our healthy and delicious one pot Black Bean Soup with Lime Salsa. Give both recipes a try and come back here to tell us which one you liked best!
The day we made this Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili was the best day of the week. It’s hearty, zippy and feel-good, but healthy at the same time.
- 1 cup (250 g) Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 medium yellow onions (3 cups)
- 8 oz. (225 g) canned green chilies
- 4 cloves garlic
- 4 cups (9.5 dl) low sodium chicken broth
- 3 large chicken breasts
- 2 15 oz. (425 g) cans cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 2 cans corn drained
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. salt and pepper
- In a large slow cooker, add all ingredients besides the yogurt. Turn on low and cook for 6-7 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and shred with 2 forks. Return to the slow cooker.
- Using a blender, puree 1 cup of soup with the Greek yogurt. Stir blended soup back into the pot and mix well. Cook for 15 more minutes and serve.
- Store in an airtight container for up to one week. Also freezes well.