This is a healthy, hearty, and super easy Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili with cannellini beans and green chilies. Perfect healthy comfort food!
If it was socially acceptable to hibernate all winter and watch Netflix all day, I would. Especially if I had an unlimited supply of this healthy Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili.
Give me a good book, my Insanity DVDs and a crock pot full of Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili and there’s a good chance I wouldn’t leave until March (or May if you live in Ohio!).
The day I make this chili is the best day of the week. It’s hearty, zippy and feel-good, but healthy at the same time. And it’s bursting at the seams with comforting flavor.
How to make Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
So how does this all come together, you ask? Easy! Just throw everything in the slow cooker and let it cook for 6-7 hours. Prep time is less than 10 minutes!
The only trick is to get out your blender and mix a cup of the chicken broth with the Greek yogurt. If you just dump the yogurt in the slow cooker, it will become lumpy and won’t mix well. When you blend it with the chicken stock, it turns the yogurt into a smooth consistency that easily mixes with the rest of the soup.
You’re going to be amazed how easy this is. You might even think you’re doing it wrong. But you’re not!
And just so you can mentally prepare yourself, you will need a giant bowl or mug to eat it from, all the delicious healthy toppings (because we love toppings), a ridiculously comfy couch, and Netflix (obviously).
Oh, and about 8 containers to meal prep and enjoy this addictingly healthy Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili for the rest of the week.
A slow cooker diabetes recipe?
Absolutely! As written, the recipe has 30 grams of carbs per serving, but you can easily cut the beans and corn in half if you like. I am fine with 30 grams of carbs in a main meal, but I know that many people with diabetes prefer fewer carbs.
More healthy chicken recipes
You can never have too many healthy and tasty chicken recipes, and there are plenty to choose from here on Diabetes Strong. These are some of my favorites:
- Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken Breast with Cream Cheese
- Smothered Creamy Skillet Chicken
When you’ve tried my Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili, please don’t forget to let me know how you liked it and rate the recipe in the comments below!
Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 medium yellow onions
- 8 oz. canned green chilies
- 4 cloves garlic
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 3 large chicken breasts
- 30 oz. cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 30 oz. corn, drained
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. salt and pepper
- In a large slow cooker, add all ingredients except the Greek yogurt. Turn on low and cook for 6-7 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and shred with 2 forks. Return it to the slow cooker.
- Using a blender, puree 1 cup of soup with the Greek yogurt. Stir the blended soup back into the slow cooker and mix well.
- Cook for 15 more minutes before serving with cilantro and avocado on top.
- Store in an airtight container for up to one week. Also freezes well.