This is probably the most tender and delicious chicken breast I have ever cooked. It’s so easy too! Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken Breast with Cream Cheese is my new favorite weeknight meal!
Creating tasty low-carb recipes with chicken breast has become something of an obsession of mine.
Chicken breast is one of the healthiest, leanest, and least expensive types of protein, so it’s almost always included in the meal plans I create for myself and my clients. That’s why it makes me sad when I hear some people say that chicken breast is “boring”, just because they haven’t tried any of the great ways of cooking a super juicy and flavorful chicken breast.
Just plain chicken breast doesn’t taste of very much, so it’s important to add a lot of flavors (and a little salt) to the recipe. That’s why prosciutto wrapped chicken breast is such a classic. The prosciutto wrapping adds all the salt you need, a ton of flavor, and it helps keep the cream cheese and basil is contact with the chicken while you bake it.
The cream cheese really doesn’t taste of anything after you bake it, but it’s still the star of the show. It seeps into the chicken breast and makes it incredibly juicy. It’s also what binds the herbs with the chicken and brings out their flavor.
If you like creating new recipes from scratch, any combination of chicken breast with cream cheese is a great place to start!
I used basil for this recipe, but you could also use thyme, sage, or any herb with a fairly strong flavor. Basil is just such a classic and it has the most wonderful aroma. Just the smell of fresh basil always makes me happy!
Speaking of basil, if this is the most tender chicken breast I have ever made, my Stuffed Chicken Breast with Basil and Sundried Tomatoes is only a VERY small step behind, so I highly recommend trying that a well. You can never have too many healthy and delicious chicken recipes, right?
How to make Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken Breast with Cream Cheese
The process is really quite simple. You only need four ingredients and 30 minutes. How much easier can it get?
Start by placing the prosciutto slices on a piece of aluminum foil so the edges overlap slightly. Then spread the cream cheese evenly onto the prosciutto and put the fresh basil leaves on top.
PRO TIP: Take the cream cheese out of the fridge 15 minutes before you start using it to let it warm up a little. That will make it much easier to work with.
Next, gently wrap the prosciutto and cream cheese around the chicken breast and grind a little pepper on top.
Finally, bake the Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken Breast with Cream Cheese in the oven for 25-30 minutes (depending on how large the chicken breast is) at 380 F (190 C).
Done! Easy, healthy, and delicious!
Give this healthy low-carb recipe a try and let me know if you love it as much as I do. And if you are like me and can never get enough healthy chicken recipes, please check out my Mustard Baked Chicken Tenders and Smothered Creamy Chicken Skillet as well.
I have also collected a roundup of the best Healthy Diabetic Chicken Recipes with more ideas for low-carb chicken recipes!
When you’ve tried this Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken Breast with Cream Cheese, please don’t forget to let me know how you liked it and rate the recipe in the comments below!
Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken Breast with Cream Cheese
- 1 chicken breast
- 1.4 oz. finely sliced prosciutto (Parma ham)
- 1.3 oz. cream cheese (low-fat)
- 5-10 fresh basil leaves (depending on size)
- Place the prosciutto slices on a piece of aluminum foil so the edges overlap slightly.
- Spread the cream cheese evenly onto the prosciutto. PRO TIP: Take the cream cheese out of the fridge 15 minutes before you start using it to let it warm up a little. That will make it much easier to work with.
- Place the fresh basil leaves on top so they cover the cream cheese.
- Gently, wrap the prosciutto, cream cheese, and basil leaves around the chicken breast and grind a little pepper on top (or a lot of pepper if you are like me and love pepper).
- Bake the Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken Breast with Cream Cheese in the oven for 25-30 minutes (depending on how large the chicken breast is) at 380 F (190 C).
- Let the chicken rest for a minute outside the over before cutting and serving. Enjoy!