Looking for an easy snack or appetizer that’s perfect for a hot day? This smoked salmon with dill-mustard sauce is super tasty and takes minutes to make!
When it’s hot outside, I’m reluctant to fire up my stove or oven. I love cooking on the grill, but every now and again, I want something a little different.
This smoked salmon with dill-mustard sauce is a perfect change-of-pace! You can buy the salmon pre-smoked, then just whip up the sauce in a bowl. How simple is that?
It’s a great dish for a snack, appetizer, light lunch, or even dinner! And if you have any extra sauce, it makes an excellent alternative for hollandaise.
Try this delicious salmon recipe the next time you want something simple that doesn’t require any more effort than a little mixing!
How to make smoked salmon with dill-mustard sauce
These tasty salmon and dill-mustard bites come together in just four simple steps!
Step 1: In a medium bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, mustard, and salt.
Step 2: Add the oil in a slow and steady stream while whisking constantly.
Step 3: Stir in the sour cream and dill, then mix until well combined.
Step 4: Drizzle the sauce over smoked salmon and serve.
From start to finish, this dish can be ready in about 5 minutes or less!
What to eat with this recipe
If you don’t want to fuss with any other ingredients, there’s nothing wrong with eating your salmon off a fork and just drizzling a little sauce on top!
But if you plan to enjoy this recipe as finger food, you’ll probably want to serve the salmon and sauce on top of something. It makes the presentation a little nicer as well!
The easiest option is to serve this dish on crackers. You can just place a chunk of salmon and a dollop of sauce on each one for a pretty appetizer that’s quick to prep.
If you’re looking for a lower-carb option, cucumber slices are a great alternative. They add a refreshing crunch, plus their mild flavor will go really well with the salmon.
Or, for an Asian-inspired twist, try serving on top of seaweed crackers!
Feel free to have some fun putting this dish together.
I highly recommend making a big batch of the dill-mustard sauce. As I mentioned before, it’s a great alternative to hollandaise sauce!
Leftover sauce can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Other easy and delicious salmon recipes
Who doesn’t love cooking with salmon? It’s high in protein and healthy fats, plus it’s downright delicious! Here are a few more of my favorite recipes that I know you’ll enjoy:
When you’ve tried this dish, please don’t forget to let me know how you liked it and rate the recipe in the comments below!
Smoked Salmon with Dill-Mustard Sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons Homemade White Wine Mustard or dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup olive oil (extra virgin)
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill (finely minced)
- 2 pounds smoked salmon (broken up into chunks)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, mustard, and salt.1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, 3 tablespoons Homemade White Wine Mustard or dijon mustard, ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Add the oil in a slow and steady stream while whisking constantly.¼ cup olive oil
- Stir in the sour cream and dill, then mix until well combined.2 tablespoons light sour cream or plain Greek yogurt, 3 tablespoons fresh dill
- Drizzle the sauce over smoked salmon and serve.2 pounds smoked salmon
Leave a Reply