Sick of boring, dry chicken? You have to try these delicious grilled marinated chicken breasts! They’re juicy and flavorful with just a hint of smokiness.
If you’re like me, you usually avoid grilling boneless chicken breasts because it’s so easy to dry them out.
But I’ve finally figured it out: the secret to tender chicken breasts is fresh lemon juice! Who knew it could be so easy? That’s why these grilled marinated chicken breasts turn out so flavorful and juicy.
Marinating the chicken in lemon juice actually kicks off the cooking process. This means you don’t have to cook the breasts as long, which helps the meat stay moist. Brilliant!
So if you love the ease of grilling but still want to enjoy tender and flavorful chicken breast, this is by far the best way to do it. You’ll have a delicious dinner ready in no time!
How to make grilled marinated chicken breasts
This recipe can be made on the grill or by using a grill pan on the stove. Either way, your chicken will be ready in just a few simple steps!
Step 1: Lay the chicken breasts in a shallow baking dish large enough to place them in a single layer without overlapping.
Step 2: Peel and lightly crush the garlic, then cut the rosemary sprig into 3 pieces. Distribute the rosemary and garlic around the chicken pieces.
Step 3: Add the lemon juice and olive oil to the baking dish, then season the chicken with salt and pepper.
Step 4: Turn the chicken pieces over and let them stand at room temperature for about 45 minutes or in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
Step 5: Preheat the grill or heat a grill pan on the stove until very hot.
Step 6: Place the chicken breasts on the grill and cook for 8 minutes.
Step 7: Flip the chicken, then pour the marinade over it.
Step 8: Continue grilling until the chicken is cooked through, about 6 to 8 more minutes depending on how thick the pieces are.
Your juicy chicken breasts are ready to enjoy! Once they’re cooked through, simply transfer them to a clean serving platter and serve hot.
What to serve with chicken breast
Chicken breast is a great lean protein to serve for lunch or dinner. And with the subtle lemon, rosemary, and garlic flavors of this marinade, you can enjoy your grilled chicken with almost any dish or side!
One serving of this dish only contains 1 gram of carbs, so it’s great to serve alongside some complex carbs. Flavorful dishes like pearl couscous salad with beans are great options.
Looking for some greens? Whip up some lemony romaine and avocado salad, sesame broccoli slaw, or zucchini noodles with lime pesto!
Of course, you can always keep it simple and serve your grilled chicken over a fresh salad. Add a few of your favorite veggies or toppings and toss with a healthy dressing like lemon vinaigrette, homemade citrus vinaigrette, or greek vinaigrette.
You can really serve this chicken breast with whatever you like!
Looking to do some meal prep? Chicken breast is a perfect protein to keep in the fridge and enjoy throughout the week!
Cooked chicken breast can be stored covered in the refrigerator for up to four days. Just be sure to reheat it gently so it doesn’t dry out.
Other healthy and easy chicken recipes
Chicken breast is a versatile protein that can be served with almost any meal. The key is to make sure it’s juicy and flavorful — no one likes bland and dry chicken!
If you’re looking for more foolproof ways to make tasty chicken, here are a few of my favorite recipes I know you’ll enjoy:
You can also take a look at this roundup of easy low-carb chicken recipes for more recipe ideas.
When you’ve tried this dish, please don’t forget to let me know how you liked it and rate the recipe in the comments below!
Grilled Marinated Chicken Breasts
- 1 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 medium cloves garlic
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (extra-virgin)
- freshly ground black pepper
- Lay the chicken breasts in a shallow baking dish large enough to place them in a single layer without overlapping.1 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Peel and lightly crush the garlic, then cut the rosemary sprig into 3 pieces. Distribute the rosemary and garlic around the chicken pieces.3 medium cloves garlic, 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- Add the lemon juice and olive oil to the baking dish, then season the chicken with salt and pepper.¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice, 2 tablespoons olive oil, Salt, freshly ground black pepper
- Turn the chicken pieces over and let them stand at room temperature for about 45 minutes or in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat the grill or heat a grill pan on the stove until very hot.
- Place the chicken breasts on the grill and cook for 8 minutes.
- Flip the chicken, then pour the marinade over it.
- Continue grilling until the chicken is cooked through, about 6 to 8 more minutes depending on how thick the pieces are.
Leave a Reply