Looking for a healthy lunch or light dinner? This low sodium egg salad can be ready in minutes and only requires six ingredients!
I always like to have a few hard-boiled eggs in the refrigerator, ready to go as a tasty snack or an ingredient for a healthy meal. One of my favorite things to make is this low sodium egg salad!
You only need six ingredients and just a few minutes to whip up this easy recipe. It’s great for a quick lunch or light dinner that’s sure to satisfy without weighing you down.
How to make low sodium egg salad
Ready to see how this diabetic-friendly dish can be ready in just three simple steps?
Step 1: Peel the hardboiled eggs and chop them into ½-inch pieces.
Step 2: Mix the Greek yogurt, green onions, Dijon mustard, fresh dill, and black pepper in a large mixing bowl.
Step 3: Add the chopped eggs to the bowl and fold them in gently to avoid breaking the eggs further.
How easy was that? You can serve the egg salad immediately or chill it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to enjoy!
What to serve with this dish
This egg salad is so good, I often eat it right off the fork! But it’s also a super versatile meal that can be enjoyed with just about anything.
If you’re not watching your carbs, feel free to use any kind of bread you like. Tortillas would work too!
Egg salad is a great recipe for meal-prepping. I like to make a big batch at once so I can eat a serving right away and enjoy the rest for lunch or dinner the next day!
Make sure to store this salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will stay fresh for about two days.
Other Easy Salad Recipes
Can you ever have too many tasty salad recipes that you can whip up in a flash? I certainly don’t think so! Here are a few of my favorite recipes for quick lunches, light dinners, and everything in between:
For more healthy meals that can be ready in minutes, be sure to check out this roundup of my favorite Diabetic Lunch Ideas!
When you’ve tried this dish, please don’t forget to let me know how you liked it and rate the recipe in the comments below!
Low Sodium Egg Salad
- 6 hardboiled eggs (cooled to room temperature)
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 4 tablespoons green onions (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Peel the hardboiled eggs and chop them into ½-inch pieces.6 hardboiled eggs
- Mix the Greek yogurt, green onions, Dijon mustard, fresh dill, and black pepper in a large mixing bowl.½ cup Greek yogurt, 4 tablespoons green onions, 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard, 1 tablespoon fresh dill, 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Add the chopped eggs to the bowl and fold them in gently to avoid breaking the eggs further.