Pimento Cream Cheese Fat Bombs are nutty, cheesy, and addictive! These little cheesy balls come together in under 45 minutes and make a terrific low-carb snack!
My newest snacking obsession is these little balls of homemade pimento cheese. They hit all the right notes… they’re creamy, a little salty, definitely cheesy, and they have a bit of crunch. Pretty much everything I love in a low-carb snack (especially if you are following a ketogenic diet)!
The best part is that I generally have all the ingredients on hand – cheese, mayonnaise, a little jar of pimentos and pecans. Now, in case you are wondering…
What is Pimento Cheese?
- It’s a staple of southern cuisine and is made from cheese, mayonnaise, and pimentos (roasted red peppers).
- Smooth or chunky, you can slather it on crackers, vegetables or use it as a sandwich filling.
- Oh, and It is NOT that stuff that comes in a jar!
So now on to the good stuff….
How to make Pimento Cream Cheese Fat Bombs
Step 1: Grate the cheddar cheese! I know it’s tempting to use the pre-grated cheese but… don’t. The pre-grated cheese is a little drier and doesn’t give that dreamy, creamy texture!
Step 2: After grating the cheddar cheese, add everything (except the pecans) to a small food processor and blend OR just stir everything together in a bowl.
Step 3: Chill in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to firm everything up!
TIP: if you go the stirring by hand route, your mixture will be chunkier but works just fine!!
Step 4: Scoop a tablespoon of the cheese mixture and roll it between your palms into a ball. Place the chopped pecans on a small plate and roll the cheese ball in the pecans to coat. Put the coated cheese ball into an airtight container. Repeat until you have all the cheese balls rolled.
Step 5: Enjoy!
NOTE: I like to remove the pimento cream cheese fat bombs from the refrigerator about 10 minutes before eating so I can really taste all the amazing flavors in the homemade pimento cheese!
More healthy keto fat bomb recipes
I don’t follow a ketogenic diet myself but I love adding healthy keto recipes to my meal plans. Here are two of my favorites:
You can also check out my roundup of the best keto fat bomb recipes!
When you’ve tried these pimento cream cheese fat bombs, please don’t forget to let me know how you liked them and rate the recipe in the comments below!
Pimento Cream Cheese Fat Bombs
- ¼ cup cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup extra sharp cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1 ½ tbsp. mayonnaise
- 3 ½ tbsp. chopped pimentos (drained)
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper (ground)
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cider vinegar
- ½ tsp. hot sauce
- 1 cup toasted pecans (chopped)
- Grate the extra sharp and sharp cheddar cheese and add to a small food processor or a large mixing bowl.
- Blot the pimentos dry and add to the bowl.
- NOTE: if using a food processor, I generally add all but 1 tablespoon of pimentos and stir those in after I've processed the cheese mixture. Totally optional but that's how I do it!
- Add the cream cheese, mayonnaise, onion powder, pepper, salt, cider vinegar, and hot sauce.
- If using a food processor, process until a smooth mixture forms. Alternatively, stir the mixture by hand until thoroughly mixed.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes to allow the mixture to firm up.
- Spread the chopped pecans on a small plate.
- Scoop a tablespoon of the mixture and roll between your palms into a ball.
- Roll each ball in the pecans and place in a lidded container if not serving immediately.
- Repeat the scooping and rolling until all the cheese mixture has been rolled into balls.
- Serve or cover and refrigerate.
- Balls can be made up to 5 days in advance.