Pimento Cream Cheese Fat Bombs are nutty, cheesy, and addictive! These little cheesy balls only take a few minutes to prep and make a decadent low-carb snack.
These homemade pimento cream cheese fat bombs are my new snacking obsession!
They hit all the right notes… they’re creamy, a little salty, definitely cheesy, and they have a bit of crunch. Pretty much everything I love in a low-carb snack (especially if you are following a ketogenic diet)!
The best part is that I generally have all the ingredients on hand – cheese, mayonnaise, a little jar of pimentos and pecans.
Now, you might be wondering… what is pimento cheese?
This amazing food is a staple of southern cuisine that’s made from cheese, mayonnaise, and pimentos (roasted red peppers). It can be smooth or chunky, and you can enjoy it slathered on crackers, as a dip for vegetables, or added to a wrap or sandwich.
Full disclosure, it is NOT that stuff that comes in a jar. I’m talking about real, delicious, homemade pimento cheese.
And when you turn it into a fat bomb, it is simply unbeatable snacking!
How to make pimento cream cheese fat bombs
The best snacks are the ones that are easy to prep. For this recipe, you’ll simply combine the ingredients, refrigerate the mixture, then form the balls and roll them in the chopped pecans! Here are the step-by-step details:
Step 1: Grate the extra sharp and sharp cheddar cheese and add to a small food processor or a large mixing bowl.
Step 2: Blot the pimentos dry and add to the bowl. If using a food processor, reserve 1 tablespoon of pimentos.
Step 3: Add the cream cheese, mayonnaise, onion powder, pepper, salt, cider vinegar, and hot sauce. If using a food processor, process until smooth, then stir in the remaining 1 tbsp of pimentos. If using a bowl, stir the mixture until well-combined.
Step 4: Place in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
Step 5: Spread the chopped pecans on a small plate.
Step 6: Scoop a tablespoon of the mixture and roll it between your palms to form a ball.
Step 7: Roll the ball in the chopped pecans until covered.
Step 8: Repeat until you’ve used all of the pimento cheese mixture. You should end up with about 8 balls.
Working with the cheese
I know it’s tempting to save yourself a little bit of work and use pre-grated cheese… but trust me, it is SO worth the effort to grate your own!
Pre-grated cheese is drier, so the texture of these pimento fat bombs won’t turn out quite right. You need to grate the cheddar yourself to get that dreamy, creamy texture that makes this snack so incredible.
I promise, you’ll be so glad you did!
Do you have to be keto to eat fat bombs?
If you’ve heard of the ketogenic diet, you probably know that it is a low-carb, high-fat way of eating. By drastically restricting your carbs, you train your body to burn fat for fuel instead.
Fat bombs refer to small bites that are high in fat. They can be sweet or savory, and they’re popular snacks for those on a keto diet.
If you aren’t keto, you can still enjoy fat bombs in moderation! Just be sure to factor them into your macros for the day.
These pimento cheese fat bombs are a great snack to have on hand throughout the week.
Once prepped, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. When you’re ready to enjoy one, I recommend letting it sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes before eating. This really enhances all the amazing flavors in the homemade pimento cheese!
More healthy keto fat bomb recipes
I don’t follow a ketogenic diet myself, but I love adding healthy keto recipes to my meal plans. If you’re looking for more low-carb, high-fat inspiration, check out these tasty fat bomb recipes:
You can also check out my roundup of the best keto fat bomb recipes!
When you’ve tried this recipe, please don’t forget to let me know how you liked it and rate the recipe in the comments below!
Pimento Cream Cheese Fat Bombs
- ¼ cup cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup extra sharp cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1 ½ tablespoon mayonnaise
- 3 ½ tablespoon chopped pimentos (drained)
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper (ground)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 cup toasted pecans (chopped)
- Grate the extra sharp and sharp cheddar cheese and add to a small food processor or a large mixing bowl.
- Blot the pimentos dry and add to the bowl. If using a food processor, reserve 1 tablespoon of pimentos.
- Add the cream cheese, mayonnaise, onion powder, pepper, salt, cider vinegar, and hot sauce. If using a food processor, process until smooth, then stir in the remaining 1 tbsp of pimentos. If using a bowl, stir the mixture until well-combined.
- Place in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Spread the chopped pecans on a small plate.
- Scoop a tablespoon of the mixture and roll it between your palms to form a ball.
- Roll the ball in the chopped pecans until covered.
- Repeat until you’ve used all of the pimento cheese mixture. You should end up with about 8 balls.