These Keto Peanut Butter Fat Bombs only use 5 simple ingredients and couldn’t be easier to make! Creamy peanut butter topped with chocolate ganache makes the perfect decadent snack.
If you’ve never tried keto fat bombs before, they are… well… the bomb! And these peanut butter fat bombs are no exception.
What is a keto fat bomb?
You may be wondering what are keto fat bombs and what is all the hype about.
In short, they are a wonderfully satiating snack that won’t raise blood sugar levels.
Keto fat bombs are made from a high-fat base such as nut butter, coconut oil, avocados, or cream cheese.
In addition to the fat base, you then add tasty low-carb goodies to go with the flavor. This is usually ingredients like sugar-free chocolate for a sweet fat bomb or bacon for a savory fat bomb.
Why you should make this recipe
Not only is this keto bomb recipe super easy to make, but its low-carb, high-fat content is also great for avoiding a blood sugar spike.
These tasty bites pack a powerful amount of energy! Make them ahead of time and store them in the fridge for a ready-to-go, delicious snack.
You can read everything you need to know about the ketogenic diet and diabetes in this guide on Diabetes Strong: The Ketogenic Diet and Diabetes – The Definitive Guide.
The high-fat base in this recipe is made from a combination of peanut butter and coconut oil for a rich, creamy texture.
Topped with a bit of chocolate ganache, it becomes a decadent treat that’s perfect for an on-the-go snack or when you need to satisfy your sweet tooth!
Check out this simple ingredient list:
- coconut oil: melted
- peanut butter: without added salt or sugar
- vanilla extract
- sea salt
- liquid stevia: or another no-calorie sweetener
- unsweetened cocoa powder: for the chocolate ganache layer
You can see how I make these fat bombs in this short video or read the step-by-step instructions below:
Step 1: In a small bowl, mix together the coconut oil, peanut butter, vanilla extract, sea salt, and liquid stevia (or another no-calorie sweetener). Whisk until smooth and creamy.
Step 2: Line a 6-muffin tray with muffin paper cups. Spoon about 3 tablespoons of the peanut butter mixture into each cup.
Step 3: Place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, or overnight, to set.
Step 4: While the peanut butter layer is chilling, make the ganache by whisking together coconut oil, cocoa powder, and stevia until silky smooth.
Step 5: Spoon about 1 tablespoon of chocolate ganache on top of each fat bomb.
Step 6: Chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Now you have delicious chocolate and peanut butter cups to enjoy throughout the week! Be sure to store them in the refrigerator.
I like using muffin cups because the shape of the fat bomb reminds me of a traditional peanut butter cup. Feel free to have some fun with the shape! Here are some things to consider:
- Because we make these fat bombs in a 6-muffin tray, they are BIG! We consider each one to be 2 servings. A serving size is 1/2 of a regular-sized muffin fat bomb.
- If you have a smaller muffin tray with 9 or 12 cups, you can easily make smaller fat bombs that are closer to 1 serving each. Or, if you have a mini 24-muffin tray, you could make mini fat bombs!
- If you have chocolate molds, you can really get creative with how you want these to look.
- These keto fat bombs should be kept in the refrigerator for the best flavor and texture. (See the section below on Storage Instructions for more details.)
Chocolate and peanut butter is a classic combination. However, there are plenty of ways to make this recipe all your own if you want to shake things up!
If you don’t prefer to use peanut butter or have an allergy, you can substitute with any other smooth nut butter like almond butter. Just be sure to use a brand that has no added salt or sugar. This is a great way to experiment with different tastes.
Another way to get creative with the flavor of these fat bombs is to use an edible flavored oil. A flavor like peppermint or orange is simply amazing with the chocolate ganache. Use 1 – 2 drops of the flavored oil to give your fat bombs a unique spin!
For even more ways to mix things up, you could use protein powder in the peanut butter mixture to add flavor and protein. Or try adding some chopped nuts or chocolate chips for more texture!
There are plenty of ways to play around with this recipe and make it your own.
Because these fat bombs are made with mainly coconut oil and peanut butter, they need to be stored in the refrigerator.
If you leave them out at room temperature for too long, you’ll end up with a puddle of peanut butter and coconut oil. It will be a tasty puddle, but quite messy to eat!
Instead, keep these in the refrigerator and just grab one when you’re ready to enjoy.
I recommend storing these easy keto fat bombs in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
These delicious keto snacks are naturally gluten-free and dairy free. Keep these things in mind as you make these keto fat bombs:
- Make sure peanut butter is free from added salt and sugar.
- We prefer to use liquid stevia for this recipe but you can use another sugar-free, no-calorie sweetener.
- For an extra protein punch, add good-quality protein powder to the peanut butter mixture.
Frequently asked questions
Fat bombs are great for anyone following the high-fat, low-carb ketogenic diet. However, that doesn’t mean that these are off-limits to everyone else! They are a much healthier option than traditional peanut butter cups, and the fat content will give you a great burst of energy without spiking your blood sugar.
As long as you factor them into your macros for the day, you can enjoy these peanut butter fat bombs in moderation. Take note of the nutrition per serving in the recipe card.
If stored properly, these keto peanut butter fat bombs will last for up to a week in the refrigerator. You can also freeze them in a sealed container for up to 1 month for longer storage.
Other delicious keto fat bombs
Looking for more fat bomb recipe ideas for tasty snacking that comes with a great burst of energy? Here are a few recipes that I know you’ll enjoy:
You can also check out this roundup I created with 10 delicious keto fat bomb recipes for even more keto snack inspiration!
When you’ve tried this keto fat bomb recipe, please don’t forget to let me know how you liked them and rate the recipe in the comments!
Keto Peanut Butter Fat Bombs
Peanut Butter Fat Bombs
- In a small bowl, mix together the peanut butter, coconut oil, vanilla extract, sea salt, and liquid stevia (or another no-calorie sweetener). Whisk until smooth and creamy.¾ cup peanut butter, ½ cup coconut oil, ¼ teaspoon sea salt, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 3 – 4 drops liquid stevia
- Line a 6-muffin tray with muffin paper cups. Spoon about 3 tablespoons of the peanut butter mixture into each cup.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, or overnight, to set.
- While the peanut butter layer is chilling, make the ganache by whisking together the coconut oil, cocoa powder, and liquid stevia until silky smooth.6 tablespoon coconut oil, 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder, 1 – 2 drops liquid stevia
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon of chocolate ganache on top of each fat bomb.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator before serving.