These keto peanut butter fat bombs use 5 simple ingredients and couldn’t be easier to make. Topped with a delicious chocolate ganache, they are the perfect decadent keto snack!
Fat bombs are the bomb! Not only are they super easy to make but their low-carb, high-fat content is great for avoiding a blood sugar spike.
Keto fat bombs are usually made from a high-fat base of nut butter, coconut oil, avocados or cream and then flavored and sweetened with some low-carb goodies. The fat in this recipe comes from peanut butter and coconut oil.
Following a ketogenic diet can be challenging sometimes. That’s where these peanut butter fat bombs come to save the day. They make snacking on a keto diet easy and stress-free.
You can read everything you need to know about the ketogenic diet and diabetes in this guide on Diabetes Strong: The Ketogenic Diet and Diabetes – The Definitive Guide.
How to make keto peanut butter fat bombs?
These peanut butter fat bombs pack a powerful amount of energy and they can easily be made and stored for the week ahead, making them the perfect on-the-go snack.
You can see how to make them in this video or read the step-by-step instructions below:
Step 1: Mix together the coconut oil, peanut butter, salt, vanilla extract, and liquid stevia (or another no-calorie sweetener) in a small mixing bowl until it is smooth and creamy.
Step 2: Divide the mixture between 6 muffin paper cups (this worked out to about 3 tablespoons of the mixture per muffin cup). Place them in the refrigerator for at least an hour, or overnight, to set.
Step 3: While the peanut butter fat bombs are chilling, it’s time to make the chocolate ganache! Simply whisk together all of the ganache ingredients until a silky smooth chocolate ganache comes together. You can adjust the number of stevia drops to the sweetness you prefer.
Step 4: Spoon the chocolate ganache over the chilled peanut butter fat bombs (it was roughly 1 tablespoon of chocolate ganache per fat bomb). Chill in the refrigerator until the ganache has set.
Step 5: Serve straight from the fridge so the fat bombs don’t melt.
Note: Because we make them in muffin cups, these fat bombs are BIG! Twice as big as normal fat bombs so I suggest you count each of these peanut butter fat bombs as two servings.
How to make the perfect peanut butter fat bombs
- You can substitute the peanut butter for any other smooth nut butter that has no added salt or sugar. It will still work perfectly and you can then experiment with different tastes. Always replace the nut butter in a ratio of 1:1.
- The flavors of these peanut butter fat bombs can be experimented with in many ways. Not only can you change the nut butter used, but you can also use an edible essential oil like peppermint or orange to bring out the chocolate ganache flavoring. Use 1 – 2 drops of the flavored oil to give your fat bombs a unique spin!
- As these fat bombs are made with mainly coconut oil and peanut butter, they need to be stored in the refrigerator. Leaving them out at room temperature for too long will only result in a puddle of peanut butter and coconut oil.
- I used muffin cups as a mold for the peanut butter fat bombs but you can be really creative with how you want your fat bombs to look. If you have chocolate molds, you could use them as well to make some truly delectable treats. Combined with some experimentation with the flavors and you can make some delicious fat bombs of your very own.
Other delicious fat bomb recipes
Here are a couple of other fat bomb recipes you might enjoy:
You can also read this roundup I created of 10 delicious keto fat bomb recipes for even more keto snack inspiration!
When you’ve tried my keto peanut butter fat bombs, please don’t forget to let me know how you liked it and rate the recipe in the comments below!
Keto Peanut Butter Fat Bombs
Peanut Butter Fat Bombs
- 1 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 6 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 - 2 drops liquid stevia
- In a small bowl, combine the peanut butter, melted coconut oil, salt, vanilla extract, and liquid stevia. Whisk until well combined.
- Spoon 3 tablespoons of the peanut butter mixture into a muffin paper. Repeat for 6 fat bombs.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the chocolate ganache ingredients.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of the chocolate ganache on top of each of the peanut butter fat bomb.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator before serving.