Coming home late after a busy day lends itself to fall into bad habits and eat not so healthy because healthy food usually takes longer to prepare.
While for many healthy dishes this is true, it doesn’t HAVE to be true for all of them. There are tons of healthy recipes out there that can be prepared in about 20 minutes while still providing you with all the necessary nutrients you need to get all that energy that has been sucked out of you during your hard day back into your body and mind for a wonderful active evening with friends or family.
This Snapper Fillet with Celery Parsley Salad is prepared in the blink of an eye, will fill you up while not making you feel heavy and will make you feel good about yourself for nurturing your body with a delicious healthy homemade meal.
I don’t know about you, but I am constantly on the lookout for healthy 20-minute meals for when we come home because, though one might expect different from a food blogger, I, just like most other people, am pretty unorganized when it comes to busy weeknight dinners. I find myself more often than not noticing that it is super late, I am as hungry as a wolf and I haven’t planned or prepared anything ahead. I often reach out to eggs and prepare scrambled eggs with some vegetable and serve it with bread, which of course is healthy but…..every night?? How very boring.
Apart from eggs, fish is perfect for quick dinners because, depending on its thickness, any fillet is usually baked through in less than 20 minutes during which you can prepare your side or sides. A salad is always a good idea because it takes minutes to prepare and if you want to add some carbs, cook quinoa in some vegetable broth. It takes only 10-15 minutes. It’ll be ready just in time with the fish.
Healthy Snapper Fillet With Celery Parsley Salad
Most fish and especially snapper are low in saturated fat, high in good quality proteins and contain a lot of omega 3 fatty acids. Combining it with a salad high in vitamin C such as a Celery Parsley Salad (1 cup of parsley contains 133% of your daily values in Vitamin C) will ensure that your body can absorb the fish’s iron to the maximum and this is what gives you the energy I was talking about further up. Besides, parsley combined with celery and a fancy tahini lemon dressing tastes, uh-mazing!!! Treat yourself to a Snapper Fillet with Celery Parsley Salad and thank me later for a recipe that will end up pinned to your fridge with a note “to-be-made weekly” 😉
This Snapper Filet with Celery Parsley Salad is such an easy and tasty way to cook a healthy meal in only 20 min.
- 4 wild-caught snapper fillets (24 oz. / 680 g)
- Sea salt
- 8 celery sticks
- ½ bunch flat parsley
- 1 tbsp. tahini
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ½ tbsp. honey
- Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C)
- Grease a baking sheet with a few drops of olive oil.
- Place fish fillets skin side down on baking sheet and generously sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 15-18 minutes depending on thickness.
- In the meantime, wash celery, remove leaves and white part and then cut into little (1” long x ⅛” thick) sticks and add to a bowl.
- Wash and de-stalk parsley, then dry the leaves and coarsely chop. Add to bowl with celery.
- Add, tahini, olive oil, lemon juice and honey to a sealable container (such as a mason jar) and shake until very well combined.
- Once fish is cooked, take out of the oven and serve with celery parsley salad and tahini dressing and some extra lemon if desired.
- Serve with quinoa on the side if very hungry.