Looking for a healthier alternative to traditional crackers? These lacy 2-ingredient Parmesan crisps are low-carb, gluten-free, and so simple to make!
Crackers are a versatile ingredient that can be enjoyed as a crunchy snack or used as a vehicle for appetizers or dips. They are also, unfortunately, usually high in carbs and made with unhealthy ingredients.
That’s why I recommend making a batch of these 2-ingredient Parmesan crisps instead! They are so simple to make and perfect to use in place of crackers. They’re also low-carb and gluten-free!
Pair them with your favorite healthy dips, or simply enjoy a few as a crunchy snack. There’s never a bad time for these crispy bites.
How to make 2-ingredient Parmesan crisps
Ready to see just how simple it is to make a healthy alternative to high-carb crackers?
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 375°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats.
Step 2: Toss the cheese and flour together in a bowl.
Step 3: Scoop about a tablespoon at a time to form 16 mounds of the cheese mixture on the baking sheets.
Step 4: Spread each mound into a 3½-inch circle. Leave about an inch of space between each circle of cheese.
Step 5: Bake for 4 minutes, then rotate the pans top-to-bottom and back-to-front in the oven.
Step 6: Bake for another 4 minutes or until the cheese is golden.
Step 7: Remove from the oven and let cool on the baking pans for at least 20 minutes.
Your cheese crisps will be ready to enjoy in no time! While you wait for them to cool, why not whip up a bowl of your favorite dip?
What to eat with cheese crisps
These cheesy bites are plenty tasty all on their own. I love grabbing a few whenever I’m craving a little crunch.
But they are also fantastic as dippers! Try them with sweet potato bean dip, pear guacamole with pistachios, and more.
They’re also great with toppings. Use them in place of crackers with smoked salmon with dill-mustard sauce.
Keep in mind that the thinner you make your crisps, the more delicate they will be. If you want them to hold up to hearty toppings or dips, don’t spread out the cheese mixture too much before baking.
Leftover crisps can be kept in an airtight container at room temperature for a few days. For longer storage, place them in the refrigerator for up to a week.
I recommend storing your crisps in between pieces of wax or parchment paper. This will prevent them from sticking to each other.
Other crunchy snack recipes
Looking for more crispy bites that are easy to whip up at home? Here are a few of my favorite recipes to satisfy all your snack cravings:
- Crispy Roasted Chickpeas with Parmesan Cheese
- Roasted Edamame with Wasabi and Honey
- Italian Herbed Nuts
When you’ve tried this snack, please don’t forget to let me know how you liked it and rate the recipe in the comments below!
2-Ingredient Parmesan Crisps
- 1 1/3 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons almond flour or all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- Toss the cheese and flour together in a bowl.1 1/3 cups shredded Parmesan cheese, 2 teaspoons almond flour or all-purpose flour
- Scoop about a tablespoon at a time to form 16 mounds of the cheese mixture on the baking sheets.
- Spread each mound into a 3½-inch circle. Leave about an inch of space between each circle of cheese.
- Bake for 4 minutes, then rotate the pans top-to-bottom and back-to-front in the oven.
- Bake for another 4 minutes or until the cheese is golden.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on the baking pans for at least 20 minutes.
Leave a Reply