Tobias often makes fun of me for choosing one dish and eating it ALL THE TIME until I get tired of it and switch to something else. Right now, that dish is this Healthy Turkey Stir-Fry.
I think the reason I like it so much (besides the fact that it tastes great!) is that I can have all the ingredients ready beforehand and just throw everything together in less than 10 min. when I get home from the gym. Since this Healthy Turkey Stir-Fry has the perfect mix of protein, good carbs, and healthy fats for an after-workout meal, that works out perfectly for me.
Healthy Turkey Stir-Fry Tips
When you are making Healthy Turkey Stir-Fry, adding flavor to the rice when you cook them is essential. Cooking rice in chicken stock and ground turmeric is a trick Tobias taught me when we started dating (can’t believe it has been 16 years now…), and it has been very close to life changing. While plain brown rice is quite boring, rice cooked like this is almost like a tasty meal in itself.
My other pro tip is to use Aminos instead of soy sauce. Aminos is based on coconut rather than soy and has 65% less sodium than normal soy sauce. The flavor is very close to soy but in my opinion better. It’s also organic and non-GMO.
The only food I still use soy sauce with is sushi because that’s the traditional way of doing it and it just feels wrong to substitute.
Give this Healthy Turkey Stir-Fry a try next time you want a tasty and healthy dish in a hurry. I promise you won’t be disappointed!
This Healthy Turkey Stir-Fry has the perfect mix of protein, good carbs, and fats for a healthy meal. It tastes amazing and can be ready in less than 10 min
- 4 oz. (114 g) Extra Lean 99% ground turkey
- 1 cup (85 g) broccoli florets
- 1 cup (85 g) Mushrooms
- 2 oz. (50 g) brown rice (cooked)
- 2 oz. (50 g) avocado
- 1 tbsp. Coconut Aminos or low sodium soy sauce
- Salt & Pepper
- Dash of Ms. Dash Seasoning (I used Garlic & Herbs)
- Dash of ground turmeric
- ½ Knorr chicken bouillon cube
Cook the rice according to the instructions on the bag but add a dash of turmeric powder and half a cube of Knorr chicken bouillon to the water. Set aside.
- Slice the mushrooms into thin strips and break the broccoli into florets.
- Cook broccoli and mushrooms in a nonstick skillet over medium heat until tender (about 5 minutes). If you have a good skillet, you don’t need any fat to cook in.
- Pour the veggies into a dish and set aside.
- Return the skillet to the stove and cook the ground turkey until it’s fully cooked.
- Add the veggies and cooked rice to the skillet together with Aminos and spices and mix over heat.
- Chop avocado into small cubes and add to the skillet.
- Gently stir everything for about 30 seconds and serve immediately.