For a healthy, delicious way to energize your morning, treat yourself to a low-carb breakfast burrito! They’re so simple to make and great for meal-prep.
Looking for a healthy and delicious way to start the day? A low-carb breakfast burrito is sure to energize your morning!
These tasty wraps are also great for meal-prep. Store in the refrigerator or freezer for a nutritious grab-and-go breakfast.
How to make a low-carb breakfast burrito
Start to finish, this tasty meal can be ready in less than 30 minutes!
Step 1: In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together 6 large eggs and milk. Season to taste with pepper.
Step 2: Heat a pan over medium heat and add the butter. Once melted, pour in the egg mixture. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the eggs are scrambled.
Step 3: Add the spinach to a pot of boiling water until completely wilted, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from water, drain well, and set aside.
Step 4: To assemble the burritos, add layers of scrambled egg, chopped bacon, spinach, and peppers to a low-carb tortilla. Top with shredded cheese.
Step 5: Add any desired sauce, then wrap the burrito and serve.
That’s it! You can sit down and enjoy your burrito as a leisurely breakfast, or take it on-the-go to fuel you up for the day.
Variations for this recipe
There are so many delicious ways to make a healthy breakfast burrito! While I love the option outlined in this recipe, I’ll share a few alternatives to help you find your own perfect combination.
To start, feel free to use another protein based on your taste, preference, or convenience. To reduce the fat, try replacing the pork bacon with turkey bacon. You could also crumble up some lower-sodium breakfast sausage.
Want to add or substitute veggies? Go for it! Try adding raw or sautéed onions or mushrooms, or swap the spinach out for Swiss chard. If you ask me, you can never go wrong with veggies.
Not worried about carbs? Add some black or pinto beans for extra fiber and bulk. To keep sodium low, I recommend making your own beans.
On the other hand, if you want to lower the carbs, you could eliminate the tortillas and enjoy this dish as a burrito bowl instead. This also gives you some room to add even more of your favorite toppings!
There’s no right or wrong way to make a burrito. So go ahead and have some fun experimenting with this tasty and healthy recipe.
You can store these burritos in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. They’re a great option for a healthy grab-and-go breakfast!
For longer storage, you can also freeze your burritos for up to 3 months. Simply wrap each one in parchment paper, place in a sealable plastic gallon bag, and store in the freezer.
Other low-carb breakfast recipes
I love starting my morning with low-carb and keto-friendly dishes. They keep my blood sugar stable while giving me the energy I need to tackle the day!
Here are a few of my favorite breakfast options I think you’ll enjoy:
For even more delicious inspiration, check out this round-up of my favorite diabetic breakfast recipes!
When you’ve tried this recipe, please don’t forget to let me know how you liked it and rate the recipe in the comments below!
Low-Carb Breakfast Burrito
- 6 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 low-carb tortillas
- 5 ounces cooked bacon (chopped)
- 5 ounces spinach
- ½ yellow bell pepper (sliced thinly)
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together 6 large eggs and milk. Season to taste with pepper.6 large eggs, 3 tablespoons whole milk, 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat a pan over medium heat and add the butter. Once melted, pour in the egg mixture. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until eggs are scrambled.1 tablespoon butter
- Add the spinach to a pot of boiling water until completely wilted, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from water, drain well, and set aside.5 ounces spinach
- To assemble the burritos, add layers of scrambled egg, chopped bacon, spinach, and peppers to a low-carb tortilla. Top with shredded cheese.6 low-carb tortillas, 5 ounces cooked bacon, ½ yellow bell pepper, 1 cup shredded cheese
- Add any desired sauce, then wrap the burrito and serve.
Leave a Reply